Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was eventful for the Smiths. 

Friday morning, Madison graduated from kindergarten.


Being homeschooled, I never realized that kindergartners got to have a graduation. I was so deprived.
(just kidding, Mom)





After the big event, Pat had a couple of meetings, and then we hit the road for a very long drive.
Two-thirds of us fell asleep in the car.


We drove, and drove, and drove...
and eventually arrived in Garner State Park!


It was weekend for men to be manly...


for marshmallows to be roasted...


and for taking naps!


Madi fashioned a hunting spear out of a stick and a sharp rock, and stalked the squirrels.


We hiked up a mountain


Explored a daddy-long-leg-infested cave


And at night, went dancing!



It was a great weekend.


1 comment:

  1. I love the 2/3 of us slept...Madi hunting the squirrel and Madi dancing! Glad you all had fun. By the way you poor deprived dear....you never had kindergarten...you were HUGELY deprived! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete